The department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) was established in the year 2007 and has been growing strong ever since. The department has a team of qualified and dedicated faculty members. In terms of infrastructure, the department is one of the best equipped departments on par with the leading institutes.The department has a VTU recognized research center, which was started in the year 2016. Currently 11 faculty members are pursuing Ph.D. Research work is ongoing in emerging areas like machine learning and artificial intelligence. The department also has specialized labs and programs such as Infosys Campus Connect alongside others, aiding students with professional orientation from the first year itself.
Why choose Computer Science at SDMIT?
- The department offers Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) courses in association with IIT Bombay
- The department has “Association of Staff and Students for Computing Incredible Innovation (ASCII)” which promotes development in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in and outside the campus
- The department has dedicated Entrepreneurship cell which provides start-up ideas and financial assistance to young aspirants
- The department encourages student project development based on industry-oriented learning and upcoming technologies
- The department enables students to solve agriculture related problems faced by the people residing in rural areas through cutting edge technologies.
- The department has highest admission to placement ratio
- The department provides training for placement interviews as well as skill development in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Analytics (DA), Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data (BD), Cyber Security (CS) and Cloud Technologies (CT) through various technical clubs
- The department provides a platform for students to exhibit and implement innovative ideas into products funded by various agencies
- Ms.Prarthana Shanbag secured 5th rank in VTU examination and participated in the 19th VTU Annual Convocation which was held on 8th February, 2020 at VTU, Belagavi.
- Ms.Prarthana U Shanbag from 8th semester secured 942nd rank in Gate Examination held during the month of February 2019.
- Mr.Gautham C P and Ms.Ananya Rao of 6th semester proposed a business idea “Dehyd Radiation” for “MANTHAN 2020 – Business Idea Presentation”, organized by FKCCI, Bengaluru on 10th February 2020.
- Mr.Vinay Kumar and Mr.Pratheek Kumar Jha participated in the event , “Blockathon: A Blockchain based Quiz Competition” and cleared 2 rounds. It was held at PESIT, Mandya on 12th November 2019.
- Mr.Sanath L S, Mr.Gautham, Mr.Subramanya M, Mr.Sudhanva of 5th semester were adjudged as winners of the Clean India Hackathon 2019. It was organized by Dlithe, Bengaluru at SDM Institute of Technology, Ujire on 19th October 2019.
- Mr.Subramanya M and Mr.Sanath L S of 5th semester secured 1st Prize in TechCrunch 2k19 conducted by TechGeekz-ISE Student Forum and AIET-ISTE Student Chapter-KA-136 on 6th September 2019 at AIET, Moodbidri.
- Mr.Praneetraj and Mr.Prateek of 7th semester participated in TechCrunch 2k19 and qualified in events namely, Technical Quiz, Debugging and Group Discussion conducted by TechGeekz-ISE Student Forum and AIET-ISTE Student Chapter-KA-136 on 6th September 2019 at AIET, Moodbidre.
- About 15 students from 6th semester participated in the Rubik’s Cube Guinness World Record attempt to spread awareness on Tiger Conservation held at Bengaluru on 5th May 2019.
- Dr. Thyagaraju G S and Mr. Manoj Gadiyar presented a paper titled “Chatbot for Car Museum” which was awarded as best paper in the 8th National Conference on Recent Advances in Technology and Engineering (RATE-2019) held on 27th April 2019 at T.John Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
- Dr. Thyagaraju G S and Mr. Manoj Gadiyar presented a paper titled “Automatic Accident Detection and Alert System” which was awarded as best paper in the 8th National Conference on Recent Advances in Technology and Engineering (RATE-2019) held on 27th April 2019 at T.John Institute of Technology, Bengaluru.
Training on C for placement interview
Three days training session on C for placement interview was organized by Department of CSE for 6th semester students of various branches from February 28th to March 1st 2020. The session focused on developing technical skills for students which could help them to crack technical interviews.
Understanding Artificial Intelligence using Python
Internal Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on “Artificial Intelligence using Python” was conducted for all the faculty members from 22nd – 24th July 2019. Dr.Thyagaraju G S was the resource person. He discussed about fundamentals of python programming, different applications of artificial intelligence like health care, data security and astronomy. The objective of this workshop was to give insight about concepts in python programming required to understand fundamentals of artificial intelligence.
Understanding Features of Microsoft Excel
An orientation on “Features of Microsoft Excel” was organized for SDM Degree College, Ujirestudents from 5th to 15th July 2019 at SDMIT, Ujire. The purpose was to provide exposure about the usage of basic features that could help them in carrying out projects.
Mini project contest
The “Mini Project” Competition was organized for students of various semesters on 27th April 2019 at Digital Electronics Lab. About 21 teams participated in the event. The platform gave an exposure for students to exhibit their innovative ideas through products.
Web designing contest
Understanding Engineering Interventions in Farming
A technical webinar on “Engineering Interventions in Farming for the Development of Appropriate Technologies”, sponsored by Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology was organized for 6th semester studentson 26th April 2019. About 58 students took part in the event.
Visit to KLE Tech University
Industrial visit was organized to KLE Tech University and Deshpande Foundation in Hubli. Vritika Technologies Pvt. Ltd in Dandeli for 6th semester students from April 12th to 13th 2019. These visits helped the students to understand the real-time implementation of Rural base Engineering ¬Projects and Entrepreneurship Ecosystem.
Faculty development on Raspberry PI Interfacing using IoT
Internal faculty development program on “Raspberry PI Interfacing using IoT” was conducted for all the faculty members on 30th March 2019. Mr.Arjun K was the resource person. He demonstrated Raspberry PI programming using python script. The objective of this workshop was to give insight about interfacing different hardware devices into raspberry pi using python programming language.
Understanding Chat Web Application Development using PHP
Workshop on “Chat Web Application Development using PHP (Object-oriented Approach)” was organized for 4th & 6th semester students on 9th & 10th March 2019 at Edusat Hall. Mr.Harshith M D, Senior Software Engineer from SmallDay IT Services Pvt.Ltd, Bangalore conducted the event and around 25 students participated. The objective of the event was to give an insight of coding as per industry standards.
Understanding Web Technology
|Sl. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||Experience (years)|
|1.||Dr. Thyagaraju G S||BSc||M.Tech||Ph.D||Associate Professor & HOD||20||–||–|
|2||Dr. Guru Prasad M S||BE||M.Tech||Ph.D.||Associate Professor||10||–||–|
|3||Mr. H. Manoj T. Gadiyar||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||14||–||1|
|4||Mr. Raghavendra Patil G E||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||12||–||–|
|5||Mr. Amith K.S.||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||10||–||3|
|6||Ms. Saritha M||BE||M.Tech||–||Assistant Professor||11||–||–|
|7.||Mr. Chintesh||BE||M.Tech||–||Assistant Professor||10||–||–|
|8.||Mr. Chandrappa S||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||9||–||–|
|9.||Ms. Suchetha N V||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||9||–||–|
|10.||Mr. Rakshith M D||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||8||–||–|
|11.||Mr. Pradeep. G.S.||BE||M.Tech||(Ph.D)||Assistant Professor||7||–||3|
|12.||Mr. Arjun K||BE||M.Tech||–||Assistant Professor||7||–||1|
|13.||Ms. Sahana Kumari B||BE||M.Tech||–||Lecturer||9||–||–|
|14.||Mr. Prithviraj Jain||BE||M.Tech||–||Assistant Professor||5||–||–|
|15.||Mr. Sharath K R||BE||M.Tech||–||Assistant Professor||11||–||–|
|16.||Ms. Sneha Shetty R||BE||M.Tech||–||Assistant Professor||3||–|