Image Alt


UG Courses Offered Intake
Computer Science & Engineering 120
Electronics & Communication Engg. 120
Electrical & Electronics Engineering 60
Information Science& Engineering 60
Mechanical Engineering 60
Civil Engineering 60

Admission to BE courses at SDMIT is made under K-CET (Karnataka-Common Entrance Test), COMEDK (Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) and Management quota according to the following eligibility and selection criteria. The criteria are in accordance with the Government regulations prevailing at the time of admission. Successful candidates will be required to accept the admission offer immediately and pay the necessary fee. Please note that the management reserves the right to admission and allotment of the branch. Once a candidate has been admitted to a particular course, any request for refund of fees will not be entertained.

Eligibility and Selection Criteria

Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent course in English as one of the languages of study with a minimum of 45% and above (40% in case of SC/ST, Category I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B) aggregate marks in Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer/ Electronics(anyone)as an optional subject from a recognized board.

Karnataka candidates: May opt for admission through K-CET or COMEDK quota. Selection under K-CET quota seats is based on the ranking scored in K- CET; admission under COMEDK quota is based on the ranking obtained in the COMEDK Entrance Test followed by counseling. For detailed eligibility conditions/ clause, please visit KEA website:

Non-Karnataka candidates: Candidates outside Karnataka need to obtain COMEDK score and apply for admission through COMEDK counseling procedure.

For NRI & Foreign candidates: Admission is open to NRI / Foreign candidates who have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination recognized by AIU (Association of Indian Universities). The eligibility criterion is as mentioned above.

 Management quota Admission Process

Admission to the management quota seats is open to Karnataka, non-Karnataka, and NRI students. However, the candidate should have appeared and obtained a valid K-CET/ COMEDK/JEE / AIEEE ranking score. Eligible students (those who meet qualifying requirements as per the eligibility criteria) may contact the SDMIT admissions section in order to obtain the application form. Candidates will be selected based on their academic merit and ranking.

For Diploma Holders (Lateral Entry to II year engineering)

Diploma Holders in engineering with an aggregate minimum of 45% marks and above (40% in case of SC/ ST and Backward Classes of Karnataka) taken together in all the subjects of the final year (V and VI sem) conducted by the Board of Technical Examination, Government of Karnataka or its equivalent, are eligible for admission to the corresponding branch of II year engineering. Candidates must have taken the Common Entrance Test (DCET) conducted by the K-CET Cell for diploma students. Seats will be allotted by K-CET Cell through a centralized counseling process.

Note: The educational qualification/eligibility criteria/ guidelines issued by the competent authorities from time to time will be applicable with regard to selection and admissions. For further details, you may contact the college admission cell (94489 51856, 94807 91055).

Admissions Procedure

  • Visit the Admissions Section at SDMIT college campus, meet the Admission Coordinator and get your documents verified.
  • Once the seat has been confirmed, candidates need to fill-in and submit the application form along with the documents specified below, and pay requisite fee.
  • Applicants are required to read the application form carefully before filling it up. The application is a key part of the admission process. Providing false information/ fake certificates is offensive and such or incomplete applications will be rejected.
  • All admissions are provisional and subject to the final approvals from DTE and University.

The following documents in original and 4 sets of attested copies are to be submitted along with the application form during admission:

  • Rank Card of the entrance exam taken/ Admit Card (K-CET/ COMEDK as applicable)
  • SSLC/ 10th Marks Card
  • PUC/ 12th Marks Card or equivalent
  • Transfer Certificate
  • Conduct Certificate from the Principal of the institution last studied
  • Photographs: 4 Passport size, 4 Stamp size
  • Migration Certificate (for non-Karnataka Boards-ICSE, CBSE etc.)
  • Caste / Caste Income Certificate issued by Concerned Tahsildar for SC / ST in Form-D, Category-I in form E and 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B in Form F (If claiming reservation benefits)
  • Rural Study Certificate from 1st to 10th std for 10 complete years (If claiming Rural quota).
  • Kannada Medium Study Certificate from 1st to 10th std for 10 complete years (If claiming Kannada Medium quota)
  • Candidate’s Study certificate:

    (a) Candidate having studied and passed in one or more Government or Government recognized educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of 7academic years commencing from 1st standard to 12th standard as on 1st July of the year in which the Entrance Test is held and must have appeared and passed either 10th standard


    (b) A study certificate for either of the parent having studied for at least 7 years in Karnataka from the Head of the educational institution where he / she had studied and the candidate’s study certificate for having studied both 11th & 12th standard in Karnataka issued by the head of the educational institution(if applicable).

  • Attested copies of Address proof (AadhaarCard/ Voter ID)
  • One self-addressed envelope with Rs. 5 stamp

Change of branch

Change of branch is permitted only at the beginning of 3rd semester after the announcement of first-year results, provided vacancy exists. The change of branch is done according to prescribed regulations and is subject to approval by the Director of Technical Education and the University.

For Admission enquiry:   

Mr. Subramanya Bhat,
Assistant Professor,
Department of EEE
+91 9448951856

Application form  Download