The Institute in collaboration with Bosch Rexroth (a renowned multinational company specializing in Automation technologies), has set up a center excellence in 2013 for facilitating students to get trained in the latest technological advancements in Industrial Automation. The Centre aims at training students, of various institutions (Engineering, Diploma and ITI) and Industry personnel in the Automation field to enable them to have hands on experience and up gradation of knowledge and skills. After initial training to faculty members at Mysore and SDMIT, the trainings for students started in March 2014. The functioning of the center involves training and carrying out real time projects in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering. Thus, students of three branches viz., Mechanical Engineering (ME), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) get benefitted by the trainings offered at the center.
Memorandum of Under Standing (MoU):
SDMIT has executed MOU with Indwell Institute of Technology, Pune for providing training in automation technologies. They are the experts in the training of students and working professionals in PLC since from decades.
- To help students in developing practical skills in automation technologies through short term and long-term trainings.
- To provide extensive training to the industrial operations and control at supervisory and middle management personnel levels.
- To provide an insight into major/minor research area in the field of automation.
- To assist students in their final year project / mini projects.
- To improve employability skills to the students in Industrial Automation Sectors
Facilities available in the center:
- Air-conditioned laboratory space
- Audio Visual Class Room equipped with modern teaching aids.
Equipment (supplied by Bosch-Rexroth)
- Hydraulics kits – 02 Nos.
- Pneumatic kits – 01 No.
- Programmable Logic Controller kits – 02 Nos.
- Sensorics kits – 02 Nos.
- Web Trainer for designing Hydraulics and Pneumatics circuits
- Simulator for analysis (software)
- Switch gears with trainer board
- Indra Logic software for PLC
- BE/ B.Tech / Diploma Engineers of Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation and Mechanical branches.
- Working professionals from Maintenance, Projects, Quality, R & D, Production, Design, Service, Application Engineering (option of Week-end Classes).
- ITI (Electrician/ Electronics / Fitter etc.) Professionals with industry experience.
- II / III / IV year Engineering students looking for summer / Winter Training (with project guidance).
- Companies looking to meet Training Needs of their technical staff.
- Awareness programmes of 2/3 days duration
- Training programmes on Hydraulics, Pneumatics and PLCs (12 hours to 40 hours duration)
- Internship / Training on professional practice